Monday, February 8, 2016

A Conversation and a Book


Dear Family,

This week was kind of crazy. We started it off in St. Petesrsburg.



We said, "Good-bye" to the senior coulple that served in our area. I didn't know them all that well, but it was still a bit bitter sweet.



On Tuesday we had a Zone Conference. Elder Katcher of The 70 came. It was really cool. I got to talk to him for a bit and they want to come to Petro just for the sake of coming to Petro. I learned so much from this man. It was amazing to see what things I thought were set in stone becasue of what I had been told, but now I know that I can change them and this gives me much to work on. Ha! I love it!



On Wednesday, we had a split with the Zone Leader. Elder Fuller went with one companion and elder McElhaney and I went with the other. We had many conversations. We even had one with some Jehova's Whitnesses. It was interesting, but we spoke with them for too long. We didn't have enough time to talk to many people on the way home. I learned much about unity and pulling the weight. All things that I already knew, but they were just rienforced.



On Thurday we went to English group and it was pretty great. Three people showed up. A lady called and asked for infomation. She showed up with her 18 month old son. She wants him to learn English so she speaks to him in Russian and English. It was pretty great. The people here have amazing sotries.



On Friday, we were back in Petro. Friday was AMAZING! We were on a bus to the other side of our area wich is about 45 mins. on a bus. There were about 500 people on the 50 person bus. It was all fine, but I was face-to-face with a lady so instead of wasting time, I started talking to her about The Gospel. She understood most of what I said. It was mostly teriible Russian, but they won't correct you unless you ask. I always ask and they always are kind to me...haha! We spoke about the Restoration and about The Book of Mormon. I shared my testimiony and commited her to read it. She asked where and I told her to start with the Intro and the testimony of the Prophet Joseph Smith. I love reading his testimony! She said she would. I forgot to get her number but that is fine becasue she has The Book of Mormon and that is a blessing in itself.



We tracted a few people, but they weren't interested. One person asked if they could have The Book of Mormon and  we were happy to give it with our testimonies and a commitment to read it.



On the way back I spoke to three people. I spoke to one younger lady and she was really intersted. We spoke about The Restorationa and about God. I told her about the Book of Mormon and she said that she would read it. She wanted to meet later and talk about it so she gave me her name and mumber and I got off the bus. I just want to say that God is always with us!



On Saturday we had English. It was great! 5 people came. There are normally 1-2. After English, we were waiting at a bus stop and I started talking to a lady and it carried over until we were on the bus. We talked the whole way home. She wasnt all that interested, but she was listening. \i got off and we called it a night.



Sunday morning we got on the bus to go to Church and low and behold, there was that same lady from the night before on her way to work. I sat down we jsut started laughing! I continued from where I left off and then as I started to pull out the Book of Mormon, she said that she didn't need it. I just asked if we could talk about the book. She said that we could and so I gave a brief description and then my testimony of it. I asked if she would read it and pray about it to see if it was true. She said yes and took the book. I was so happy that The Spirit was able to touch her.



This is a testimony that God really does help all of us. He cares about us. I want to give you all a challange: Find one person this week and talk to them about the Gospel. Pray beforehand and then just trust in The Lord. I will be expecting to hear back on how that went next week. I love you all and I think of you often.



старейшина Hawkins

Russia, St. Petersburg Mission



Mailing Instructions:



Elder Collin James Hawkins



Russia St Petersburg Mission

Pr Malookhtinsky 16/1

POM 11-H, 12-H

Saint Petersburg 195112 

Russia

No comments:

Post a Comment