Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Having Faith in the Holy Ghost

Dear family and friends,

This week has been a very humbling experience for me in many ways. My companion is a farm boy like me, he has thousands of acres of Mint fields...they send their extract to Wrigley's. I love my companion, Elder Rindlisbacher, so much. I wish that I could put it into words how much strength that he gives me. He may struggle with the language, but he makes up for it in knowing the scriptures. I wish that I could know where to find scriptures like he does. He and I have really liked working with each other. It is kind of like how Drew and I are, but He doesn't know me like that yet. I am so eager to learn this language. I love it and all I want to do is to speak in this language all day!

Our first investigator's name is наташа (Natasha) I love her to death, she is so fantastic. She is progressing so well. we started to teach her on Friday ( in complete Russian) It was hard to do even with the notes that I had. we have taught her 3 times and tonight we get to teach her for the last time, tonight we are going to ask her to be baptized. I am very hopeful that she will accept. She is so strong and I wish that I could have been as strong as her through school. The Holy Ghost really does bring all things to your remembrance. When I wake up in the morning, I get a flood of things that we learned the day before. 

Yesterday I was able to preform in the MTC Choir. We sang, "Nearer My God to Thee" but it was an arrangement made for President Holland. It really brought the Spirit. I could feel the impact that the words had when I sang it for the first time and when I preformed it. I am so lucky. While I am speaking about being lucky, I got to preform Initiatories (I don't know how to spell it. Sorry mom) at the temple this morning. I love it. When we started to go to back the Dome, we looked out over the valley and the snow had lightly covered it making it look so beautiful in the peaceful morning hours. 

I would like to bare my testimony:

  я знаю что бог жйв.  я знаю что джосеф смйт пророк бога.  я знаю что книга мормона истинна. я благадарю тебя за Евангелие и семью. Во имя Иисуса Христа аминь.э

Now you get to go find out what my testimony is. 

I love you all, Be great this week. I know that God loves you all and that he truly does care for us all. give Him your time and He will give you all that you desire.

Elder Collin Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment